Monday, October 29, 2012

My first Snowride

The weather is getting worse and the temperatures drop, but that's no reason to stop mountain biking !
It snowed and rained on Saturday, sadly most of it melted till Sunday. But there was still plenty of snow on the mountains. So i took my bike ( Wicked 160 LTD ) out for a ride.

After some meters i realised going uphill on snow is nearly impossible. The tires found no grip so i decided to push it to the top. Easier said than done, cause my mountainbike shoes also had no grip. Anyway somehow i managed to get to the top, exhausted and freezing. I rested some minutes and then got ready for going downhill. Put my helmet and my gloves on, checked my fork and brakes and then got going.

On the first corner i realised my tires still had no grip and pulling the rear wheel brake made me drift like a 700 PS Sports car with rear wheel drive. After some minutes i got used to it and enjoyed drifting around the curves.Downhill on slippery muddy underground is a lot more exhausting, cause you have to concentrate more to control the bike. Sadly many hikers blocked my path and i couldn't´get into a real flow. I still had a lot fun and will definitely try it again! Sorry that i forgot to take picture, i will take some photos next time for sure and i am planning to get the new Go pro Hero 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment