Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hikers ! What to do ?

Everyone has already experienced it , you ride down an amazing trail and all of a sudden you have to brake. Your way is blocked by ~ 60 year old hikers and that´s where "funny" situations start.

So here are a few of my own experiences with hikers :

1. I rode down a trail which ends right in front of a restaurant. The guest who ate outside could see the trail and me approaching. The trail ends with technically stairs and a really tight hairpin. I somehow managed to do it without falling off the bike. Some of the restaurant guests who saw me doing that clapped their hands for me. I was totally surprised and didn't even realise that they were clapping for me :D. One of my best Biker experiences.

2. Again i rode down a  trail again somewhere deep inside the forest. I didn't expect to see other people here so i rode as fast as i could. But right after a corner there were 5 Hiker so i pulled my brakes and just barley stopped in front of them. Of course they were shocked and me too.. I wanted to  apologizing
,but before i finished one of the hiker went really mad. The ~ 60 year old Man screamed : " Are you insane ?! What do you think you are doing ?! Riding that fast in the forest is forbidden , i will call the police !" I know it was my fault for being to fast , but discussing it wouldn´t help. I apologized , turned my bike around and rode the trail back while hearing him scream after me...

I hope i can share some more hiker experiences with you ! hopefully only good ones :D

No comments:

Post a Comment